Tuesday, May 18, 2010

All About an Author- Susan Meyers


Susan Meyers
The Princess and the Pee

Susan Meyers is an Oklahoma author just bursting with creativity and talent. She has so graciously agreed to this quickie interview with yours truly.
Please check out her newest book The Princess and the Pee on her website and here at Amazon.com- The Princess and The Pee at Amazon.com.

About the book: Princess Pia Scarlett wants to sleep on the top bunk. That's the only way she can see the fireflies. But her sister, The Darling Milicent, refuses to switch bunks until Pia stops wetting the bed. So, they make a bet, seven nights dry and Pia gets to see fireflies. Which sister will win?

Can you share how you came up with the concept of The Princess and the Pee?


It was two-fold. First, how could I NOT do something with that title, lol. Second, almost everyone I talk too has someone in their family who still wet the bed past the age considered normal. In fact, during my research, I found out that late bedwetting is quite normal. Princess Pia Scarlet's problem is she doesn't want to wait for her body to grow.

About how long was the process of writing The Princess and the Pee? How long was the publishing process?

I would say that the writing process took six months. Then came the critiques and in the end it probably took me a year to get it polished. I was lucky in the publication. Blooming Tree had published my first book and they were the first publisher I sent The Princess and the Pee to. They accepted it within a month. That was in 2005.

What other books have you published?

Callie and the Stepmother


-Callie has read all the fairytales and thinks all stepmothers are mean. Then she gets one of her own…

(note: you can find Callie and the Stepmother here and here!)

Are you currently working on another?

I have several projects in the works, none near the completion stage yet.

What are your favorite types of books to write? Favorite to read?

Write: I love short chapter books. I love writing for younger children.


Read: Mystery, fantasy and Inspirational. I just finished Runaway by Wendelin Van Draanen.

Do you have any advice for us aspiring writers out there?

Learn your craft. Get into a good critique group or team up with a critique partner. Join SCBWI and learn from other writers. FINISH your manuscript. SEND IN your manuscript. Keep trying and you will get published!

Thank you so much, Susan! You are amazing! I can't wait to see what you come out with next.



For more information about Susan Meyers and her fantastic books please check out her website www.susanameyers.com and follow her blog susanameyers.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio